- trading in a range of goods. Promoting the whole range of goods that are sold in a business. Glossary of Business Terms
* * *merchandising mer‧chan‧dis‧ing [ˈmɜːtʆəndaɪzɪŋ ǁ ˈmɜːr-] noun [uncountable]1. toys, clothes, and other products based on a popular film, TV show, etc and sold to make additional profits:
• Even before the movie came out, the markets were flooded with the typical forms of merchandising.
• The goal is increased revenue through creative merchandising.when products that are related to each other are placed next to each other in a supermarket to encourage customers to buy both productswhen a shop sells goods that are usually sold by another type of shop, in order to increase profits or attract new customers. For example, a food shop might start to sell some types of clothing
* * *merchandising UK US /ˈmɜːtʃəndaɪzɪŋ/ noun [U] COMMERCE, MARKETING► (also merchandise) products connected with a popular film, event, famous person, etc., or the selling of these products: »
They hope to raise £12m from the sale of tickets and merchandising.merchandising income/revenue/sales »
The $250 million figure reportedly includes merchandising income and a share of the film's profits.»
Warner Bros owns exclusive merchandising rights to the Harry Potter character.»
merchandising activities/deals/opportunities► the activity of making people more aware of your products and increasing sales through advertising, special displays or events, etc.: »
Sales growth has been hurt by a misguided merchandising strategy.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Merchandising — Merchandising … Deutsch Wörterbuch
Merchandising — is the methods, practices, and operations used to promote and sustain certain categories of commercial activity. In the broadest sense, merchandising is any practice which contributes to the sale of products to a retail consumer. At a retail… … Wikipedia
MERCHANDISING — Ce terme anglais, dont la traduction proposée est «marchandisage», désigne l’une des fonctions du marketing: l’étude des techniques permettant d’assurer la vente des produits et des services dans les meilleures conditions. Les questions soulevées … Encyclopédie Universelle
merchandising — /mercendáizing/ s.n. Cercetare a dezvoltării vânzării şi a utilizării mărfurilor şi serviciilor printr o mai bună prezentare şi publicitate în rândul consumatorilor. (< engl. merchandising) Trimis de claudia, 27.08.2005. Sursa: MDN … … Dicționar Român
merchandising — mer chan*dis ing, n. (Commerce) The activities associated with selling products, such as identification of the market, advertising at the right time in the right media, and creating attractive packaging and displays; also, the study of the… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
merchandising — index business (commerce), commerce, commercial, mercantile, trade (commerce) Burton s Legal Thesaurus. William C. Burton … Law dictionary
Merchandising — Merchandising,das:⇨Verkaufsförderung … Das Wörterbuch der Synonyme
merchandising — (Brit.) merÂ·chanÂ·disÂ·ing || mÉœrtÊƒÉ™nzÉªÅ‹ / mÉœËt n. promotion of merchandise sales as an extensive function that includes market research and development of new products (also merchandizing) merÂ·chanÂ·dise || mÉœrtÊƒÉ™ndaÉªz , daÉªs /… … English contemporary dictionary
merchandising — |merchãdáizingue| s. m. 1. Conjunto de técnicas de marketing relativas à colocação de um produto no mercado, notadamente em relação à maneira como o produto é exposto relativamente à concorrência. 2. Estratégia de marketing que utiliza produtos… … Dicionário da Língua Portuguesa
merchandising — [mʉr′chəndīz΄iŋ] n. that part of marketing involved with promoting sales of merchandise, as by consideration of the most effective means of selecting, pricing, displaying, and advertising items for sale in a retail store … English World dictionary
Merchandising — Le merchandising (Le terme anglais merchandising, est le plus utilisé par les professionnels du marketing en France, parfois « francisé » en « marchandisage » ou « marchandising ») s est développé consécutivement à l … Wikipédia en Français